A lot of people want to know why and how they can reset a DStv decoder. Resetting your decoder can fix corrupt software. Also, if you mess up the correct configurations of the decoder you can always restore the default factory settings by resetting your decoder.
Since resetting your decoder is a practical procedure, I have created an easy to follow video on how you can reset your decoder using your remote control.
For those of you who do not want to watch the video, I have written steps you can follow to reset your decoder.
But before we begin, let’s find out the reasons why you might want to reset your HD or Explora decoder.
Reasons for hard resetting
- As with most electrical gadgets, the software of the decoder can become corrupt. This usually happens if the decoder is interrupted during a software upgrade. In my experience as a DStv technician, I have seen that you can fix corrupt software when you reset the decoder.
- If your decoder loses the DStv signal due to incorrect settings then you can reset it to restore the signal.
- Maybe you are one of those DIY people who like playing around with decoder settings. If you mess up the set-up then you can reset your decoder to restore the original configurations.
- Old Explora decoders are notorious for having corrupt hard drives. Furthermore, the hard drive can become full. As a result, the decoder becomes unusable. If you reset your decoder you can fix the corrupt hard drive and free up some space in the hard drive.
How to reset your DStv decoder
The video below is a guide on how to reset your DStv decoder. If you don’t want to watch the video then skip to the steps below.
- Press the blue “DStv button” on your remote control.
- Then use the right arrow on the remote control to go to “Settings“.
- Use the down arrow to go to “System Settings“.
- Now use the right arrow to go to the next menu and select “Reset Decoder Settings“
- Scroll down using the down arrow to select “Reset To Factory Default” then press “OK” on your remote control.
And there you have it guys. This is how you can reset your decoder to factory default settings. If resetting the decoder does not fix your problem then you might consider taking your decoder to the nearest repair shop for testing.
If you need an authorized DStv installer to assist you then contact us.